Based in Vancouver, BC
May 19, 2014
PC / Mac
|Pay What You Want|
Have you ever driven alone late at night? Found yourself thinking thoughts you’d never have anywhere else? Weird music playing on the radio? Glitchhikers is about that experience. Every drive is a journey. Every thought a conversation. What do you see when you look out at the night sky?
Glitchhikers was conceived as a thematic experience, coming from the memory of driving along the I-5 late at night and the introspective thought process that resulted. Every drive is a journey -- not just of the road, but potentially of the self as well. Glitchhikers attempts to reproduce that kind of journey. It's not designed to give the player any particular experience, but rather to allow the player to have their own experience. Since its release in 2014, the game has spawned a cult following and a glowing critical response. There have been over 30,000 downloads of Glitchhikers to date. Through IndieGameStand, and as part of Silverstring Media's ongoing efforts to support diverse voices in the gaming community, Glitchhikers' proceeds for August 1st - August 3rd 2014 were put towards Dames Making Games. Over $1500 was raised towards workshops, game jams, and monthly events to foster a community for women in Toronto's game industry.
- Experience driving along a highway late at night
- Features an original soundtrack of thematic music
- Explore questions about life and the universe, and the journey with random strangers you pick up on the road, through a branching and elegantly minimal dialogue system
- Plays in about 15 minutes
- Rewards multiple playthroughs with multiple possible conversations
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Finalist for Best Indie Game" Canadian Videogame Awards, 2014
- "Glitchhikers' guided introspection has taught me more about the universe and myself in 15 minutes than most other games manage across a number of hours."
- Chris Priestman, Kill Screen
- "...definitely one to watch."
- Jared Rosen, Indie Statik
- "Glitchhikers is fifteen minutes of poetic, thought provoking little moments."
- Antony Stevens, Indie Game Magazine
- "...a fantastically surreal concept."
- , Alpha Beta Gamer
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Glitchhikers on itch.io
Download GlitchHikers for free or Pay What You Can silverstring.itch.io.
Available for $7 CAD on Bandcamp devinvibert.bandcamp.com.
Canadian Studio Dedicates Efforts to Support Feminism, Diversity in Games
We’re thrilled and very honoured that Silverstring Media has chosen to support the work of DMG with the proceeds from Glitchhikers - Cecily Carver, DMG borndigital.com.
About Silverstring Media
Silverstring Media is a game and narrative design studio in Vancouver, BC, crafting original games and providing services in digital place-making and storytelling. We are world-builders. We strive to push the boundaries of digital media, narratives, and architectural experiences, experimenting with form and content. Our aim is to bring diversity and hope to our stories and culture. Our team offers diverse expertise in storytelling, game design, architecture, production, writing, mobile and casual games, transmedia practices, narrative and experience design, music, and location-based experiences.
More information on Silverstring Media, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Phil (as ceMelusine)
Design, Programming, Art
Lucas J.W. Johnson
Writing, Design, Website
Voice of the Radio