Based in Vancouver, BC
May 19, 2014
PC / Mac
|Pay What You Want|
Have you ever driven alone late at night? Found yourself thinking thoughts you’d never have anywhere else? Weird music playing on the radio? Glitchhikers is about that experience. Every drive is a journey. Every thought a conversation. What do you see when you look out at the night sky?
Glitchhikers was conceived as a thematic experience, coming from the memory of driving along the I-5 late at night and the introspective thought process that resulted. Every drive is a journey -- not just of the road, but potentially of the self as well. Glitchhikers attempts to reproduce that kind of journey. It's not designed to give the player any particular experience, but rather to allow the player to have their own experience.
- Experience driving along a highway late at night
- Features an original soundtrack of thematic music
- Explore questions about life and the universe, and the journey with random strangers you pick up on the road, through a branching and elegantly minimal dialogue system
- Plays in about 15 minutes
- Rewards multiple playthroughs with multiple possible conversations
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Finalist for Best Indie Game of 2014, Canadian Videogame Awards" Toronto, Ontario, 21 November, 2014
- "Glitchhiker's guided introspection has taught me more about the universe and myself in 15 minutes than most other games manage across a number of hours."
- Chris Priestman, Kill Screen
- "...definitely one to watch."
- Jared Rosen, Indie Statik
- "Glitchhikers is fifteen minutes of poetic, thought provoking little moments."
- Antony Stevens, Indie Game Magazine
- "...a fantastically surreal concept."
- , Alpha Beta Gamer
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Silverstring Media
Silverstring Media is a new media design and production company in Vancouver, BC. We are storytellers and game designers, writers and architects. We believe in pushing the boundaries of digital media, interactive experiences, and what it means to be a game. We are dedicated to experimentation in form and content, and in bringing diversity to our stories and culture.
More information on Silverstring Media, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Design, Programming, Art
Lucas J.W. Johnson
Writing, Design, Website
Andrew Grant Wilson
Voice of the Radio