Based in Vancouver, BC
21-22 May, 2016
ConQuest was an experimental game that worked to bring story into physical spaces, and the convention to life. It works within convention apps to bring immersive content-driven experiences to convention attendees, without taking away from the core convention experience. The aim was to use mobile devices and location-based technology to deliver content at only the most convenient times, adding engagement in places like long boring lineups, and bringing together content and revenue from organizers, sponsors, vendors, and attendees alike.
ConQuest was first tested as a small event with a group of friends in the woods, and later developed as an enhancement for VanCAF 2016, where it was downloaded more than 300 times during the event across android and iOS platforms. As designers and writers, Silverstring was excited to explore ways to add another dimension to live events, using location-based technologies to connect attendees with exhibitor information alongside visual novels, audio lectures, scavenger hunt mechanics for great rewards from participating exhibitors, a comic-making minigame, and commissioned art from a dozen artists. The implementation of ConQuest VanCAF was made with the help of Motive.io, Switch United, and financing from the Canada Media Fund. The reception of ConQuest was rather positive, with 60% of VanCAF users reporting that they spent more time at the festival because of ConQuest, and 60% reporting that ConQuest would make them more likely to attend an event.
- Integrates with existing convention apps
- Brings a unique story and game experience to your event or venue
- Uses location-based technology to deliver content exactly where and when it has the most impact
- Works with everyone involved to bring value to the event, venue, vendors, sponsors, and attendees
- Designed to *enhance* the existing event experience, tying into appropriate themes, stories, and locations
- Responds directly to attendee interaction and client needs
There are currently no trailers available for ConQuest. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
- "[ConQuest] helps exhibitors get me over to their table... [and] since I ended up at their table, I might spend some money—it’s a win-win for everyone."
- ConQuest Beta User,
- "[ConQuest] is going to make it a lot easier to navigate where everything is, especially in bigger settings, because there's just so many more things I want to see, and it encourages me to check out those people I didn't know about, and I think that's why I go to these things"
- ConQuest Beta User,
ConQuest Into The Woods
Read about the very first test of ConQuest as told by the event designer, Anna Wolf. silverstringmedia.com.
About Silverstring Media
Silverstring Media is a game and narrative design studio in Vancouver, BC, crafting original games and providing services in digital place-making and storytelling. We are world-builders. We strive to push the boundaries of digital media, narratives, and architectural experiences, experimenting with form and content. Our aim is to bring diversity and hope to our stories and culture. Our team offers diverse expertise in storytelling, game design, architecture, production, writing, mobile and casual games, transmedia practices, narrative and experience design, music, and location-based experiences.
More information on Silverstring Media, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Lucas J.W. Johnson
Producer, Writer, Designer - Silverstring Media
Designer, Writer - Silverstring Media
Canada Media Fund